Dr Corey Cunningham
Dr Corey Cunningham is a fellow of the Australasian College of Sports Physicians (ACSP), having completed specialty training in Sports and Exercise Medicine.
He is also a Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and holds a postgraduate Masters in Sports Medicine from the University of NSW.
Dr Cunningham’s experience includes working with elite teams across many sports, including rugby, soccer, rugby league, paralympic sport, rowing, sailing and golf. He is the Medical Director of the NSW Institute of Sport.
He currently works with Australian Rugby, Gold Coast Titans, Australian Paralympic Team, Australian Sailing Team and the NSW Institute of Sport.
His interests include the management and prevention of injuries in all active people – from recreational to elite:
- acute and overuse tendon injuries
- autologous blood and PRP injections
- shoulder pain, knee, foot and ankle injuries
- acute and chronic back pain
- injuries in children and adolescents
- medical problems such as diabetes, asthma, headaches and epilepsy in athletes
- workplace injuries
He has developed multiple RACGP QA & CPD Activity Learning Modules for GP education and is the convener of the annual ACSP Scientific Conference.
For more information visit www.ssmc.com.au